2017 Power To The People Conference
About The Event:
- Event Start Date: 05/12/2017
- Event End Date: 06/12/2017
- Event Start Time: 8:30 am
- Event End Time: 4:45 pm
- Location: The Angliss Conference Centre
555 La Trobe Street
- Website: Visit website
Australia’s only national community engagement conference: highlighting innovative ways to create vibrant communities led by active, caring and engaged citizens.
This conference is a unique opportunity to learn and share ideas, and to gain the knowledge, skills, tools and mindset necessary for the revolution in community development practice and philosophy.
We are in a period of seismic change, as citizens increasingly lose confidence and trust in ‘big’ government to deliver solutions to ever more complex societal issues. Moving the paradigm for community members and residents from consumers, customers and clients of other’s services and programs to becoming citizens, co-owners and co-producers of what happens in their streets, suburbs, towns and cities is the greatest social change needed today.
This year’s event features:
- Inspiring speakers providing essential knowledge on citizens as codesigners and co-producers: including Cormac Russell (UK), Ron Dwyer-Voss (USA), Cressida Evans (NZ)
- Leading edge case studies and PechaKucha presentations
- A choice of inclusive learning workshops
- Successful grass roots philanthropy strategies: how sweet it is!
- abulous Conference Networking Dinner at the site of Australia’s latest recognised World Heritage site
- Australia’s Strongest Community Award
- Resident cartoonist and resident visual graphic illustrator.
Who should attend
Councillors, CEOs, directors, managers (community-related), as well as stakeholders, consultants, community groups, community development workers and especially passionate community builders should attend.