2018 Smart Urban Futures National Conference
About The Event:
- Event Start Date: 21/03/2018
- Event End Date: 22/03/2018
- Event Start Time: 8:45 am
- Event End Time: 4:45 pm
- Location: The Angliss Conference Centre
555 La Trobe Street, Melbourne, VIC 3000
- Website: Visit website
This 2-day event is all about building liveable, walkable, sustainable communities and will provide both inspiration and practical pathways for delivering smart urban futures, no matter how large or small the community.
Communities face an uncertain future of climate change and rapidly evolving technology that will inevitably change urban life in ways that are difficult to envisage. We do know that cities and towns will be competing with each other to provide the best lifestyle, in order to attract residents, visitors and businesses. Communities that are not built for people will face a declining future.
Key conference themes are:
- Street design that balances place-making and transport
- Fostering progressive leadership towards healthy, liveable, sustainable communities
- Low carbon futures and creating an urban forest
- Economics and measuring success in urban form
- Preparing communities for a future with smart technology, robots and autonomous vehicles
- Case studies of successful council action to build liveable, sustainable cities.
- Peter Jones OBE, Professor of Transport and Sustainable Development, University College London
- Peter Newman AO, Professor of Sustainability at Curtin University
- Dr Seona Candy, Senior Research Fellow, Victorian Eco-Innovation Lab
- Kylie Legge, Founding Director, PlaceScore