Drop the Jargon: Tuesday 24th October!
Did you know Drop the Jargon is coming up on Tuesday 24th October 2017?
Drop the Jargon is a day for professionals in Australian health, community services and local government to use plain language.
How can you get involved?
Today you can:
- Go to the Drop The Jargon website and pledge to drop the jargon on or before 24 Oct
- Start promoting the campaign through social media channels and networks
- Organise an event or activity for your organisation: resources can be downloaded here
On October 24th you can:
- Use plain language in all communication – with other staff and community members
- Explain medical and other technical terminology you use
- Check that information has been understood
- Work with a professional interpreter when your clients have low English proficiency
- Politely point out when your colleagues use jargon
- Tweet your activities using #dropthejargon17